Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2) by Elle Kennedy



He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…

After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.




6 Amazing Stars

I love this series so much! I love Elle Kennedy so much! I never want this series to end! OH.My.GOD. I LOVED ITTTTT!!!!!!!!!

The Mistake is a standalone and is part of the Off-Campus series. This is Logan’s story. He’s Garrett’s roommate.

I’ll admit. I was nervous reading this. I loved the Deal, like crazy mad-6-stars love so when I jumped into The Mistake I was on pin and needles.  Within the first chapter, I slapped myself in the face for ever doubting Elle Kennedy.

I don’t know who I love more, Garrett or Logan because both men make my heart putter and I’m a mess. I’m a goofy love-sick mess.

I absolutely love Grace. If I could be any Heroine in any series, it would be her.  She’s her own person. She doesn’t conform nor does she lash out. I find her adorable, lovable and the best friend I would want to have.  Grace is a freshman and as her year is almost over so she wants to live life a little. Yes she’s a virgin and even though she doesn’t plan on giving it up anytime soon, that doesn’t mean if she’s opposed to the idea.

Logan is Mr. Heartthrob. My panties are getting wet by just thinking of him. He doesn’t do girlfriends or relationships. He has a thing for Hannah, Garett’s girlfriend and you just feel Logan. I usually cringe when the Hero has lingering feelings on a previous Heroine, but Hannah is so awesome, I don’t blame Logan. So Logan doesn’t want to deal with his feelings and he gets lost with other girls.

Grace and Logan go to the same school, but they don’t really run into each other (they hang out with different groups of people), so when they do run into each other, it’s unexpected and completely adorable!!!!!

The chemistry is off the charts and can we say insta-lust! Of course Logan has issues. He has the Hannah thing and his family is stressing him out. He doesn’t understand what he feels towards Grace. But he does know that he loves being around her.

Why do you like me?

I’m not sure. We don’t know each other very well, but everything I do know about you, I like. And everything I don’t know, I want to find out.

Who wouldn’t? Grace is awesome. Like I said I love Grace. I love how Grace doesn’t swoon over Logan. Yes, she is attracted to him and I find her babbling while she is nervous completely endearing. I just wanted to put her in my pocket. I loved how Logan chases after Grace and I promise you the whole Hannah thing won’t distract you from the storyline.

Just like The Deal, The Mistake is filled with laugh out loud moments that will make your face ache because you will not be able to stop smiling. I could have read hundreds of more pages of this. This is my third book by Elle and this will not be my last. I’m going to pick up her Killer Instinct series, even if it’s another genre.

That’s how much I love this author. 
SERIES

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy
The Deal - AMAZON - REVIEW
The Mistake - AMAZON

A RITA-award nominated author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently publishes with Harlequin Romantic Suspense, Harlequin Blaze, Samhain Publishing, and NAL. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just enough heat and danger to keep things interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment